[INFRA]: build bot /tmp dir not writable

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Tue Feb 23 03:05:31 EST 2021

Sebastian Kemper <sebastian_ml at gmx.net> [2021-02-22 12:09:54]:

Hi,

> Since a few days at least it seems there is some issue on the build
> bots. include/toplevel.mk runs this:
>
> export GNU_HOST_NAME:=$(shell $(TOPDIR)/scripts/config.guess)

it might be probably better to handle this corner case and make it hard error
otherwise we're not aware about it.

> config.guess: cannot create a temporary directory in /tmp

It's caused by something in between tmpfs (those 2 workers are building in
RAM), Docker container and host kernel. I've moved the /tmp from Docker
container to the tmpfs on the host, but it's still hapenning.

Anyway, restarting the Docker containers always fixes this issue so should be
"fixed" for now. Thank you for reporting it!

Cheers,

Petr