Enabling SATA via SATA_DWC on Meraki MX60W / APM82181

Martin Kennedy hurricos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 16:54:53 EST 2021

Hi there Christian,

I did make a post a good while ago to gauge interest (there was none).
It is here: https://forum.openwrt.org/t/mx60w-any-interest-in-a-diy-nas-guide-need-some-advice-for-sata-pads-and-msata-slot-compatibility/65718

I have actually tried kmod-ata-ahci out, but with a potentially
less-suitable ASM1061. Sadly, once the kmod-ata-ahci module has been
kmodloaded, the drives will `ata\d.00: failed to IDENTIFY` -- I
ascribed this to an issue with PCIe init on the platform as you
described on the linuxppc-dev mailing list, though I had not properly
poked the device tree to inform the device of this change. The ASM1061
chipset is known-working on other platforms using OpenWrt (I used two
ASM1061s in an Aerohive AP330 as my NAS for a while).

I can't seem to find Buckminster / MX60 anywhere in Chris's copy of
Meraki's u-boot sources (from
https://github.com/riptidewave93/meraki-uboot/). Given the easy JTAG
access, recompiling would be the first thing I'd like to try.

Otherwise, I suppose I'll try later with a Marvell chipset.

Thank you for the reply.

Martin