OpenWrt 21.02 branch

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sat Feb 20 05:40:27 EST 2021

I built my first OpenWrt 21.02 test build and noticed that opkg is unable to
download any package lists. When I try to update package list with 21.02,
opkg gives error about signature file download errors.

 OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT, r15841-60823c67cb
root at router1:~# opkg update
Downloading
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/targets/ipq806x/generic/packages/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /var/opkg-lists/openwrt_core
Downloading
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/targets/ipq806x/generic/packages/Packages.sig
Signature file download failed.
Remove wrong Signature file.

Looking at the 21.02 download directories, the package dirs are indeed
missing the normal .sig signature files.

There should likely be a 21.02 release key, which should be added both to the
keyring and to the 21.02 buildbot config (?). So far the newest key in the
keyring is the 19.07 release key.

https://git.openwrt.org/?p=keyring.git;a=summary

The 21.02 buildbots are already running and end-users are eagerly waiting to
test 21.02, so there are already forum discussions about 21.02 opkg.
E.g. https://forum.openwrt.org/t/21-02-snapshot-error-opkg-update/89054

jow has added the release keys for 17,01, 18.06 and 19.07, but I am unsure
who should do it now, so I am spamming this to some possible suspects.

Hannu