Patchwork and DMARC emails.

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:55:52 EST 2021

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:11 PM Sam Kuper <sampablokuper at posteo.net> wrote:

> >> It's because of DMARC. [..]
> > For other mailing lists that do not modify email subject and body,
> > Patchwork has no problems with DMARC.  Example:
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netfilter-devel/patch/A355CB9D-9B07-4D62-A228-A37C2660C442@apple.com/
>
> I don't know which headers Patchwork requires in order to be able to
> process an email correctly, but if it requires a non-empty "Subject:"
> header, then see:

I'm pretty sure Patchwork expects some kind of subject, so yes that's
most likely a problem.

> https://mail.python.org/archives/list/mailman-users@python.org/thread/ZVM6I4UTDKHY4EKNLIBIWE4JNC2PYLIS/

Oh, nice, thanks for filing the bug report! This came up before but
wasn't resolved:
http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-August/030819.html

I've necromanced that thread to bug the infradead admin -- maybe he
can be convinced to try that patch:
http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2021-February/033849.html

Brian