Patchwork and DMARC emails.

Etan Kissling etan_kissling at apple.com
Wed Feb 17 08:47:57 EST 2021

On 08.02.21, 10:33, "openwrt-devel on behalf of Rosen Penev" <openwrt-devel-bounces at lists.openwrt.org on behalf of rosenp at gmail.com> wrote:

> > My patches don't end up in Patchwork for some reason.
> It's because of DMARC. See:
>
> The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
> sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.

Thanks for the hint about DMARC leading to Patchwork issues.
DMARC is a security standard for accessing email authenticity.

It seems that the OpenWrt mailing list breaks the signature by adding
the 'openwrt-devel mailing list' footer. For other mailing lists that do
not modify email subject and body, Patchwork has no problems with DMARC.
Example: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netfilter-devel/patch/A355CB9D-9B07-4D62-A228-A37C2660C442@apple.com/