Installation error for libncursesw6

Brian Norris computersforpeace at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 01:52:46 EST 2021

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 4:07 PM Ansuel Smith <ansuelsmth at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Collected errors:
> >  * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for
> > libreadline8 found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
> >  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libreadline8.
> >  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies
> > for softethervpn5-libs:
> >  *      libncursesw6
> >  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package softethervpn5-libs.
> > make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:69: package/install] Error 255
> >
> > Multiple packages complain about this... This is from a clean custom build.
> > Think this is caused by the abi changes to buildroot
>
> reverting c92165038217e49075098479704da58a2a3a89bd fix the problem

Thanks for tracking down the regression! This has been bugging me too.

FWIW, I found that the problem seems to be in badly-generated
libncurses ipk files. The 'control' file seems to have lines like
this:

Provides: libncursesw, libncurses, libncursesw

when it should have:

Provides: libncursesw, libncurses, libncursesw6

Brian