Initial flashing over "OEM-OpenWrt"

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Mon Feb 8 06:50:49 EST 2021

Hi,

Due to that exact reason I planned to only cover new devices supported in the future.

> > However, the compat_version approach will give us the chance to show an
> additional message, and thus at least will allow to instruct the user during the
> upgrade itself, and not just in the Wiki or in the commit message (which he
> might or might not read).
> >
> > The purpose of this e-mail is thus to ask:
> > 1. Do we need this, or do we just expect the user to care, i.e. if he breaks
> the device by keeping config it's his fault?
>
> Fixing this kind of breakage is as simple as pressing down the reset button if
> we have the reset button properly defined. I think that's a fair price to pay
> for not reading the instructions :D

Yes, _if_ there is a reset button properly defined. I'm just looking for a nicer way to achieve this.
(And I don't think compat_version is the optimal way to achieve this, just the best that has come to my mind so far.)
Let's see whether the factory-image discussion leds somewhere ...

Best

Adrian