[uqmi] dms: add --get-operating-mode

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun Dec 5 04:31:13 PST 2021

Sergey Ryazanov <ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com> writes:

> I am, as an occasional user of an LTE modem, never faced a case when
> the modem is unable to register with a network due to an unconfigured
> APN. The most prominent fact is that no one else ever faced such case
> for a 7 years of the uqmi existence. It looks like you either ran into
> a very special operator, or you have a buggy modem that is recovered
> via the airplane mode. It is also possible that I do not fully
> understand your case.

I agree that this is rare.  But I'm pretty sure it can happen.

A more common case is that the modem picks some arbitrary previously
used APN, e.g. profile #1. This will often be fine. But it can be really
annoying when it isn't. For example becasue that profile was configured
as IPv4 only and you want a dual-stack connection.

So flight mode will sometimes be necessary when changing APN.

Just don't ever force it. We don't want to lose the ability to connect
to more than one APN (although this probably isn't supported in uqmi yet
since you can't setup QMAP).

Bjørn