zram-swap: default to lzo instead of lzo-rle compression

Sven Roederer devel-sven at geroedel.de
Wed Dec 1 17:57:18 PST 2021

Am Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2021, 14:08:15 CET schrieb Rui Salvaterra:
> Hi, Felix,
>
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 12:45, Felix Fietkau <nbd at nbd.name> wrote:
> > Maybe upstream would accept a simple makefile change that merges both
> > into a single module without changing any of the source files.
>
> That's the most logical course of action, yes. Otherwise, this patch
> [1] I sent last year seems the next best idea.
>
> Thanks,
> Rui

As mentioned in my other mail, forcfully combining both compressors will
result in an additional kernel-module, that gets loaded. In my case that will
be counterproductive, as I already include "lzo" for other purpose and having
to include "lzo-rle" too results in unwanted "memory bloat". That's why I
think the kernel should not insist on a specific compressor by default.

Sven