OpenWrt 21.02.0 Fourth release candidate

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue Aug 10 10:10:25 PDT 2021

On 8/8/21 1:43 PM, Arınç ÜNAL wrote:
> Congrats! Before we get to the final release, the DSA migration script
> should be included.
> Looks like I'm going to hire someone to write the script for me. I
> know DSA, not changing text on configuration files with awk, grep,
> etc.
> Want to give a hand? Please let me know.
>
> I still plan to update the converting to DSA page here:
> https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/dsa/converting-to-dsa
>
> Cheers.
> Arınç

Hi Arınç,

Thanks for working on a swconfig to DSA migration script.
I would prefer not to delay the final 21.02 release further. We should
fix the IPv6 flow offload problems and then do the final 21.02 release.
Such a migration script also needs testing, user will have all sorts of
strange configurations, so I would assume that we would need 2 months
for testing after the initial version is ready.
For 21.02 we should work on the DSA documentation which Rafal and Rich
already did and continue like it is now. Not all targets are migrated to
DSA yet, so a migration script would still be useful for the next
release or we could integrate it into a later minor release.

Hauke