lantiq: upstream Linux efforts

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 18 21:54:05 BST 2021

Hello everyone,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 7:51 PM Martin Blumenstingl
<martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com> wrote:
[...]
> To improve the situation I suggest using Rafał Miłecki's approach also
> for the lantiq target:
> He is submitting patches upstream, then backporting them to OpenWrt.
> That way backports to the -stable tree are for free.
> Other patches can simply be dropped during the next major kernel
> version update (instead of having to rework them every time...).
it's great to hear that there's lots of positive feedback for this idea!

[...]
> Therefore I would like to know who is interested in upstreaming more
> patches and cleaning up some of the code which already exists
> upstream?
I started a repository to document the upstreaming status: [0]
Aleksander, Hauke, Martin Schiller and Mathias should have
write-access. Please feel free to add more TODOs  there
The idea is that we can find topics where multiple people are
interested in and also avoid duplicated work

Best regards,
Martin

[0] https://github.com/xdarklight/ltq-upstream-status