Strongswan 6.0 removing ipsec CLI

Sven Roederer devel-sven at geroedel.de
Tue Apr 13 22:28:43 BST 2021

Philip,

I already read about deprecating ipsec tool someyears ago and started to use
swanctl. I hacked some scripts together on one of my nodes to not use ipsec-
cli. (Sadly I stopped at some point, without making it useable outside of my
"lab" to pubish / share.)
By the time I became a fan of swanctl more and more. Happy to see that you
made swanctl-config integration to UCI.
So no worries in dropping ipsec-tool way, even it feels like a era is ending
..

Sven