lantiq: upstream Linux efforts

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 11 23:42:57 BST 2021

Hi Hauke,

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 12:24 AM Hauke Mehrtens <hauke at hauke-m.de> wrote:
[...]
> > Therefore I would like to know who is interested in upstreaming more
> > patches and cleaning up some of the code which already exists
> > upstream?
> > Saying that you are not interested is fine, there is no pressure on anyone.
>
> Currently I do not plan to upstream anything for the lantiq target, but
> I can help someone when he works on this topic.
>
> Thanks for your work on the DSA switch and fixing all the bugs in there.
Having someone to discuss problems and to give some answers or hints
from the datasheet has been very helpful. So also thanks to you :-)

> What do you plan to do about the other patches still in the lantiq
> target like the PCIe driver?
I do have a few patches sitting in my tree which add the necessary
bits for the Lantiq SoCs to the
drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-intel-gw.c driver (which is upstream
since Linux 5.6)
unfortunately this requires some extra work, including changes to the
PCI driver (which needs to move away from the MIPS specific PCI bits
and over to the "generic" PCI subsystem)
That said, working on that is going to be easier when we have Linux
5.10 support (even if it's just the testing kernel version)

Best regards,
Martin