OpenWrt 21.02-rc1

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Thu Apr 8 09:24:21 BST 2021

On 2021-04-07 20:07, John Crispin wrote:
> On 07.04.21 12:16, Bas Mevissen via openwrt-devel wrote:
>>
>> Will Wifi 6 support be added to the interface? We have some support
>> for a couple of AX routers, so it would be nice if they can work
>> without manually tweaking things.
>>
>> The underlying structure seems to support it already:
>> https://forum.openwrt.org/t/got-802-11ax-working-in-linksys-e8450/91533
>>
> I  have a couple of patches pending that I will post the next few days
> that will make the primary HE features work on 21.02. I converged my
> home to 3xe8450

Good to hear. I've an X5000R waiting to be converted to OpenWRT. The
E8450 or RT3200 would have been a better choice, but at the time I
wanted to order a supported AX router, it was only the X5000R or the
UniFi 6 Lite to choose from.

The X5000R unfortunately cannot max out the Killer Wifi card in my
notebook, but it still makes around 800Mbit/s with iperf3 though.

Bas.