OpenWrt 21.02-rc1

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Wed Apr 7 11:01:11 BST 2021

Hauke Mehrtens kirjoitti 7.4.2021 klo 1.29:
> Hi,
>
> How do we want to go forward with OpenWrt 21.02-rc1?
>
> * I think the base system is ok.
> * The http (original wolfssl) problem reported by jow is fixed
> * LuCI in the 21.02 branch still misses DSA support, this was merged into
> master some time ago as far as I understood.

> In would like to get 21.02-rc1 soon, so more users start testing it and we
> get more bug reports.
>
> How should we continue?
> 1. Tag 21.02-rc1 and do the release in the next days with the current
>   state.
>
> 2. Merge the LuCI DSA changes from master to 21.02 branch now and do
>   21.02-rc1 ~3 days to see if some big problems come up.

Option 2 of merging the LuCI DSA changes and then making the first 21.02-rc
sounds good to me.
Also the option 1 of doing the rc now would likely be ok, as the only a few
targets actually use DSA, so the absence of LuCI support for DSA does not
concern that many users.

> I would prefer if we merge the LuCI DSA changes from master to 21.02 branch
> now and do 21.02-rc1 soon. We should list the problems as known problems.
>
> It would be nice if someone else could also look into these problems and
> propose fixes.

Like with previous releases, the developers interest mainly stays on the
master, and not much happens in the new release branch...

It is now 50 days since the 21.02 was branched in February, so a high time to
get the rc out.