ddns-scripts is broken since last major update

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 04:52:52 EDT 2020

Hi,

On 25/09/2020 11:26, Ansuel Smith wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> since last update, ddns-scripts doesn't work any more. The log files contains the following output:
>>

> We changed how the services files is handled... You now need to both
> download the service with the 'ddns' command or install the companion
> package with all the services preinstalled.

but the non existing backwards compatibility sucks though. This move
breaks every installation relying on a provider which now moved to the
new package.

And the `ddns` command is basically just a stripped down opkg in sh. It
just duplicates some required stuff, for what? And if I read that right,
if one uses that approach, one needs to redo the setup after each image
update since the dynamically downloaded provider is not gone from the
filesystem.

I think this needs to be more user friendly and less setup breaking.

Regards,
Andre