The status of intel ax200 support (iwlwifi)

Alexander Pyattaev alexander.pyattaev at yl-verkot.com
Wed Oct 14 08:09:03 EDT 2020

Hi

thanks everyone for the hints!

Just FIY, I have had some success making those chips act as APs on 2.4
GHz and on 5GHz with older versions of HW, but that HW can not be
purchased anymore. With recent chip (I just got my hands on one) I get
really strange stuff happening when running as AP, the chip starts to
run in AP mode no problem/error, reports that it is sending beacons etc,
but on the channel nothing actually happens. Strangest stuff...  To get
there you may need to set some rather high-frequency channel (as it
outright refuses to work in bands shared with radar), but otherwise is
fairly straightforward.

Anyway, it seems that at best they are good as client-side chips, but
are no good as APs (at least with current driver/fw).

Thanks for your help and best regards,

Alex.