Fate of kernel 4.19

Nick vincent at systemli.org
Wed Oct 14 07:31:52 EDT 2020

> the last time I tried with IPQ40xx a 5.4 kernel the switch was not working correctly [1].
There is a working solution to revert a specific commit. It has
something to do with double tagging support.
Meanwhile just a "revert" does not work anymore so I created a patchfile:
https://gist.github.com/PolynomialDivision/171316523fcee8b512e70f93573b9434

Currently, openwrt-devs are trying to support DSA and then the issue
will not longer be present. ;)

> There is this  jffs2 error on ubiquity devices [0]
I just flashed a litebeam ac gen2 with current openwrt dev and the jffs2
error is still present.
So the device is still broken with 5.4 kernel. Especially, this device
is not contained in 19.07. :/