ipq806x: add support for TP-Link Talon AD7200

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Oct 12 05:40:22 EDT 2020

Bas Mevissen <abuse at basmevissen.nl> writes:

> Nice work, but does it make sense to add a device that is already
> EOL'ed by the manufacturer? I guess the installed base is also rather
> small.

Definitely!

IMHO, it should me enough that there is one user with enough interest to
actually do the work, submit it and - hopefully - maintain it for a
while.

In addition,
 - each supported device serves as a template and example for
   similar devices, simplifying support for other products.
 - OpenWrt support is good for the environment by increasing the usable
   lifetime of a device
 - you can still buy this device new, despite the EoL announcement

Bjørn