Recovering mailing list archives

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Thu Nov 26 10:13:37 EST 2020

Hi,

so far I've noticed 2 years of missing emails in openwrt-adm archives from
6/2018 to 5/2020 and would like to fix this situation. So here is my current
vision:

 1. Collect[A] email archives in maildir or mbox format for openwrt-devel and
    openwrt-adm lists

    * please send me the links to your archives off-list
    * mailman archives are not that good[B] but could be OK as a last resort

 2. Import those archives into public-inbox Git repositories

 3. Setup inbox.staging.openwrt.org with public-inbox interface

    * so we can have similar browsable archives as for example on
      lore.kernel.org[C]
    * anyone could easily access/mirror/backup the archives over Git

 4. If we decide, that it's OK, move it from staging into inbox.openwrt.org

   * start serving the archives over Git from git.openwrt.org?
   * start mirroring to GitHub/GitLab

Thanks!

A. https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html#collecting-archive-donations
B. https://korg.docs.kernel.org/lore.html#can-we-use-mailman-archives