ath79 subtarget with cmdline from bootloader

Sven Eckelmann sven at narfation.org
Mon Nov 23 11:30:44 EST 2020

On Monday, 3 August 2020 00:49:40 CET SAn via openwrt-devel wrote:
> The LibreRouter uses a dual-boot scheme that relies on the bootloader configuring the kernel cmdline. At ar71xx 18.06 it was possible to select per device if the cmdline from the bootloader has to be honored (using patch-cmdline).
> AFAIK there is no such possibility on ath79.

There should be the possibility to fix this by dropping the bootargs property
from the /chosen/ node. But the MIPS kernel code had a bug which was recently
fixed upstream [1]. The fix must still be integrated [2] into OpenWrt.

The only code necessary in the dts is:

    / {
    	chosen {
    		/delete-property/ bootargs;
    	};
    };

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards,
	Sven

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=7784cac697351f0cc0a4bb619594c0c99348c5aa
[2] (pending because I have to walk to the office to pick up my P300 test
     devices)
    https://github.com/ecsv/openwrt/commit/6e4750615dee12c3fd8ce14174fd91fc18fac498