Wireless Battle of the Mesh with OpenWrt talks this weekend

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sat Nov 14 08:18:26 EST 2020

On 11/11/20 12:38 AM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> OpenWrt supports this year's "Wireless Battle of the Mesh - Virtual
> Global Edition".
>
> The event aims to virtually bring together people from across the globe
> who are interested in community networks, including wireless mesh
> network technologies, fiber infrastructure, Do-It-Yourself Internet
> Access Providers, and more generally how to create and maintain a
> thriving community of people involved in building their own networks.
>
> We envision 2 days full of expert presentations, workshops, land
> fruitful discussions: whether you are a mesh networking enthusiast,
> community networking activist, protocol developer, or have an interest
> in networking in general, come and join the event!
>
> Battlemesh is free of charge and open for presentations.
>
> This year, the event will take place from Saturday 14th to Sunday 15th
> of November, 2020, in a virtual room. Check out continuously updated
> information about the event at https://www.battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV13
>
> I would like to specifically highly these talks:
>   * Enhancing OpenWrt Security by Dominick Grift AKA “grift”
>   * news from the hostapd land by Daniel Golle
>   * Securing and Optimising Enterprise Networks with OpenWrt and Free
> Software by Nishant Sharma (@codemarauder)

Hi,

The Battlemesh v13 will start in about 40 minutes.
The links to join the conference are now available on the wiki:
https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV13#Where

Agenda for today:
15:00 CET Welcome session
15:20 CET How to not lose all your mesh nodes
16:00 CET RED and https://fsfe.org/activities/radiodirective/
16:30 CET Weather Radar WLAN Channel Map
17:00 CET Benchmark of Mesh Routing Protocols
18:00 CET Enhancing OpenWrt Security
18:45 CET Wrap-up session
https://battlemesh.org/BattleMeshV13#Talk_Schedule_and_Workshops

Hauke