Upcoming 19.07.4 and 18.07.9 stable releases

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat Nov 14 05:57:20 EST 2020

Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> writes:

> I wonder why there seems to be practically no discussion about
> preparations for the 20.0x release (or actually 20.1x now...).
>
> I think that last time it was mentioned in August:
>
> http://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-adm/2020-August/001639.html
>

> Is there any hope for a release, or will 2020 be a lost year?

There is a nice “release goals” page which I believe answer most of this:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/releases/goals/20.xx

Some of the new major features are really hairy goals - obviously
requiring a lot of work.  But AFAICT they are coming along nicely.
E.g. with the recently merged netifd support for bridge_vlans.

Bjørn