Upcoming 19.07.4 and 18.07.9 stable releases

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Wed Nov 11 07:14:32 EST 2020

On 11-11-20, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently 18.06 looks good for me and I would really like to do the final
> release and call it then officially end of life.
>
> I would wait for the build bot results and then do it at the weekend.

Yes, I fully agree, it's ready.

Looking at buildbot, only layerscape/armv8_64b fails to build, but it
seems to have been broken for a long time.

I have updated the release notes at https://openwrt.org/releases/18.06/notes-18.06.9

> Should we also do an other 19.07 release now?

I agree with Adrian, this ath79 switch driver issue was a
long-standing issue and it's very good news that it's fixed.

However, there were 3 regressions identified in 19.07.4, one has been
fixed but two of them are still there:

https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/notes-19.07.4#regressions

For the VLAN tagging issue, I think the offending commit needs to be
reverted.

For the ramips stability issue (frequent device reboot on several
different models), does anybody have an idea?  Maybe a kernel issue?
Or could it be the same issue as FS#3332 that could cause crashes?

Thanks,
Baptiste