[OpenWrt-Devel] Experimental "release goals" for 19.07.4

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat May 23 14:00:45 EDT 2020

Hi,

It can be useful to have "release goals" to get a clearer idea of
regression, release-blocking bugs, or wanted features for a release.

I started an (experimental) list for 19.07.4 based on recent discussions
on the mailing list, forum and IRC:

  https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/releases/goals/19.07.4

Feedback on both the concept and the format is welcome.

The idea would be to start doing this seriously for the 20.XX major
release, which could help with the first part of the release process [1].

Of course, it would be a time-consuming to keep track of this manually for
every release.
If the initial concept looks good, we can think about automating some of it:
tag bug reports on Flyspray/Github/Gitlab as blocking for a specific
release, use "milestones", automatically find commits that satisfy a goal, etc.

Baptiste

[1] https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/releases/release-process