[OpenWrt-Devel] Is 18.06 packages buildbot intentionally offline?

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Sun May 17 09:58:07 EDT 2020

Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> [2020-05-16 11:46:55]:

Hi,

> Apparently the openwrt-18.06 packages buildbot has been offline three weeks,
> since 22 April 2020:
>
> http://buildbot.openwrt.org/openwrt-18.06/packages/one_line_per_build
>
> Is that intentional?

yep, because somewhere at that time we've suddenly lost 16 OSUOSL buildslaves
and I've moved those two buildslaves to 19.07 packages and master images as
there wasnt any buildslave active at that time.

> There has been some talk about 18.06.3 it seems strange that the packages
> buildbt would be intentionally offline for several weeks.

AFAIK release means firmware images, packages can be upgraded anytime, so the
release tagging doesn't have any influence on the packages.

> buildslave from nomosphere has never(?) done a build.

It's just a placeholder for machines without root access which cant be managed
via Ansible, so the buildmaster shuffling is done manually on that specific
buildslave.

Anyway, I've just moved truecz-dock-01 from master/images back to
18.06/packages.

-- ynezz