[OpenWrt-Devel] about openwrt mtdsplit usage on other embedded linux

Ratheendran R ratheendran.s at gmail.com
Thu May 7 07:44:21 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

We want to use fit images for our embedded system, the default one using
the ramdisk works for me. we want the kernel to be configured to mount
rootfs included in fit image not the ramdisk approach.

I came across your FIT  kernel patch and found this interesting.
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/tree/master/target/linux/generic/files/drivers/mtd/mtdsplit

so I have some question, I am using 4.9 kernels.

- can we port this feature on our embedded system project
- does this mtdsplit boots fit image and mounting the rootfs from mtd
partition .
- steps to integrate the patch into the kernel 4.9, changes to be done on
the dts files if any and bootrgs requirements etc.

Thanks for the time.

Regards,
Ratheendran