[OpenWrt-Devel] Multicast issue in 19.07.x release and master, fix it in 19.07.3 (?)

pedrowrt pedrowrt at cas.cat
Tue May 5 13:36:27 EDT 2020

I tested it using Staging tree of Chuanhong Guo [1], and it worked. Good
job. What are the next steps related to this?

I understand to not be included in future release (no problem, we can
inject the patch on our own), but in fact, it is not just a bug, it is a
regression, because it worked in 18.06.x releases.

I don't know how many devices have this switch in their hardware and are
affected too. What I know is that I detected it too late, and in that
moment nobody knew it. That could mean that nobody is using this feature
(or hardware), or that the people that use it this way are giving up or
sticking to 18.06.x release (?).

If we are not including it for this release, as this looks pretty
confirmed and we have a fix, I would point it in the wiki.

Thank you all,
Pedro

[1] https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/981213.git;a=summary