[OpenWrt-Devel] Internal switch problem on Asus RT-AC85P.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Jun 7 06:19:43 EDT 2020

I've just set up a new RT-AC85P as one of three access points on my
network, and it seems to be having problems with wireless clients which
have roamed to it (or just newly associated to it) after being on one
of the other APs.

Incoming packets to the new wireless client aren't being received on
the 'wan' port of the RT-AC85P. It's as if the internal switch has
learned that that MAC address is out on the wired network, so the
packets aren't being delivered to the CPU port.

If I plug in a USB Ethernet instead and connect to the house network
using that, everything works.

Has anyone else used this in a multi-AP setup where a given MAC address
might previously have been seen on the wired side?

https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3155