[OpenWrt-Devel] cns3xxx and kernel 5.4
koen.vandeputte at ncentric.com
Thu Jun 4 03:34:14 EDT 2020
I've tried to bump this target to kernel 5.4 but failed to do so twice.
This target is not DT aware at all and the amount of efforts required to
do so are tremendous, which I cannot justify internally here.
Giving the facts that:
- The huge amount of effort required
- The SoC itself reached EoL at Cavium for some time now.
- Upstream removed some important parts as it's also slowly getting EoL
- Internally in the company here, the product that used this will fade
- The amount of download for this binary suggest that the target is not
I have decided to not invest more time in this one myself.
I would like to propose to either remove it for the next release, or
make it source-only for some time excluded from the builds
should someone else would like to invest more time in it.
Either way, this target is the last one without 5.4 support and it
should not delay the process any further.
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
More information about the openwrt-devel