build problems in layerscape target kernel

Y.b. Lu yangbo.lu at nxp.com
Tue Jul 7 04:12:51 EDT 2020

Hi Hauke,

This headers installing issue is because of the introducing of below linux upstream patch.

5967577 scripts: headers_install: Exit with error on config leak

I have reported this issue to our FMD Software owner to fix these headers. He will work on the patches but he has other urgent work now.
Can I send a reversed patch for layerscape for now?

Regarding to the second issue, I haven't reproduced it actually at that commit.
https://buildbot.openwrt.org/master/images/builders/layerscape%2Farmv8_64b/builds/422

May I confirm whether below config was used for build test?
printf 'CONFIG_TARGET_layerscape=y\nCONFIG_TARGET_layerscape_armv8_64b=y\nCONFIG_SIGNED_PACKAGES=y\n' >> .config

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Yangbo Lu