[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 20.X release plans

Thomas Endt tmo26 at gmx.de
Sun Jan 19 16:05:41 EST 2020

IMHO we should set up a generic timing with durations and dates behind.
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/releases/release-process is already a good start, but is currently missing the RCs and the weeks behind them.

$someone, a timekeeper or release-master or how you want to call him, then regularly checks the (release specific) timing if an action is due and informs the mailing list about the actions to be done.
Dates can be flexible, but current timing should always be updated in the wiki accordingly.

Having a timing (and someone who regularly checks it) would help to be in time with the releases.
Keeping the timing updated and communicating it to the users would make the release process more transparent to them and avoid uncertainty and frustration.

Regards,

Thomas