[OpenWrt-Devel] [PATCH] ath79: add support for TP-Link TL-MR6400

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Thu Jan 16 06:25:58 EST 2020


thanks for your feedback.

I currently consider merging this (considering your reply on my questions below) and would include the few minor remaining issues as "Known issues" in the commit message.

Would you provide a proper Tested-by?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Filip Moc [mailto:lede at moc6.cz]
> Sent: Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020 09:31
> To: mail at adrianschmutzler.de
> Cc: 'Enrico Mioso' <mrkiko.rs at gmail.com>; openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
> Subject: Re: [OpenWrt-Devel] [PATCH] ath79: add support for TP-Link TL-MR6400
> Hi Adrian,
> thanks a lot for patch.
> I tested it on current trunk (bda6b6144d) and I can confirm that:
> 1. Works as expected, LTE can be turned off/on and value works as expected
> (0=off,1=on).
> 2. Works as expected. LTE module's httpd is started after boot and LTE module's
> web interface is available.
> 3. Seems to be working just fine. eth0 is still connected to switch (ports LAN1 to
> LAN3) while eth1 is connected to LAN4/WAN.

What about the port order? Can you please verify the assignment of external port number vs. internal ports (just stupidly connect a cable and check with swconfig which port it is attached to)?

> 4. Interfaces are working just fine. Except for obvious problem with eth0 which
> has no link status detection.

Can you provide a detailed explanation of what you observe (what do you use for visualization of "link status detection")?

> 5. Seems to be working just right. Even LAN LED turns off when I manually set
> eth0 interface down from shell.
> I also tested buttons which still work fine.
> Problem with link detection on eth0 which always reports interface as UP with
> carrier even when there's nothing connected to switch remains unresolved.
> I'd be willing to help with link detection but there already seems to be some
> specific solution expected and I don't know what exactly is the expected way to
> solve it.
> So far ucidef_set_led_switch with port mask 0x0E can at least be used as a
> workaround to make LAN LED show link detection on LAN ports (though this also
> has negative impact on link activity visualisation).

We will definitely have to use ucidef_set_led_switch here. Are you sure about the port mask?

I will update my staging tree with the current value.

> Also the problem with unreliable boot causing LTE module to not always work
> after boot is still present. This can be workarounded by turning LTE module off
> and on again. I don't have this problem on ar71xx where LTE module always
> realiably works just fine after boot. Though Enrico reported that he has this
> problem even on ar71xx.

Do you refer to something specific in the boot process when you say "unreliable boot", or is this just backed up by the observation of the non-working LTE module? At the moment, this sounds to me like we could just put it in "Known issues". Can you provide a short piece of text for that (to be put in the commit message)? Are there bug report/discussions to link?



> Anyway good progress, thanks for your work.
> Filip
> On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 01:23:22AM +0100, mail at adrianschmutzler.de wrote:
> > Hi Enrico,
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Enrico Mioso [mailto:mrkiko.rs at gmail.com]
> > > Sent: Dienstag, 17. September 2019 19:59
> > > To: mail at adrianschmutzler.de
> > > Cc: Filip Moc <lede at moc6.cz>; openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org
> > > Subject: RE: [OpenWrt-Devel] [PATCH] ath79: add support for TP-Link TL-
> > > MR6400
> > >
> > > Thanks! I'll take a look now.
> > > Still, something should be interestingly wrong here:
> > >
> > > root at OpenWrt:/# swconfig dev switch0 show|grep -i link
> > >          link: port:0 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex txflow rxflow
> > >          link: port:1 link:up speed:100baseT full-duplex auto
> > >          link: port:2 link:down
> > >          link: port:3 link:down
> > >          link: port:4 link:down
> > > root at OpenWrt:/#
> >
> > I've just unearthed this topic in my mailbox and tried a port myself based on
> your V2 patch.
> >
> > You will find the updated version in a branch of my staging repo here:
> >
> https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/adrian.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads
> /mr6400
> >
> > (Most recent patch there.)
> >
> > Despite several minor issues (sorting, rebase, etc.) I've also addressed the
> following major issues:
> > 1. Use gpio-export again instead of gpio-hog, so LTE can be switched on/off
> > 2. Added adb-enablemodem
> > 3. Removed the phy-swap in DTS. This is not present in the mach-file for
> mr6400, only in the one for the fritzbox 4020 you took as blueprint.
> > 4. Adjusted ports 2 vs. 3 in 02_network based on your assessment. This will
> most probably be wrong again now, as this might be influenced by the phy-swap.
> > 5. LAN/WAN LEDs still won't work properly, as at least one will need to be
> changed to ucidef_set_led_switch, and I cannot check that without the device.
> >
> > Best
> >
> > Adrian
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: openpgp-digital-signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 834 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/attachments/20200116/e096cd1e/attachment.sig>
-------------- next part --------------
openwrt-devel mailing list
openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org

More information about the openwrt-devel mailing list