[OpenWrt-Devel] Sysupgrade possibly broken in recent development snapshots: "message": "Firmware image couldn't be validated"

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Wed Jan 1 07:44:53 EST 2020

Petr Novák <petrn at me.com> [2019-12-31 14:56:13]:

I was suspecting some issue in jshn, which empowers the json_dump command, but
it seems, that the JSON passed from /usr/libexec/validate_firmware_image back
to validate_firmware_image_call() looks correct:

> {
> 	"tests": {
> 		"fwtool_signature": true,
> 		"fwtool_device_match": true
> 	},
> 	"valid": true,
> 	"forceable": true,
> 	"allow_backup": true
> }

but validate_firmware_image_call() somehow doesn't get/parse it and yields:

> {
> 	"error": {
> 		"message": "Firmware image couldn't be validated"
> 	}
> }

looking at the validate_firmware_image_call() I really don't see anything related to
libubox which would lead to this error, so can you please try again with more
verbose version of procd[1]? Thanks!

1.  https://gitlab.com/ynezz/openwrt/commit/a8db973cc2bcf8d877b939801eba529f29ab7d3a

-- ynezz