[OpenWrt-Devel] SPI 104 MHz on ar7240/Spansion S25FL032P

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Mon Feb 10 06:25:13 EST 2020

Hi,

while reviewing the PR for the TL-WA830REv1 [1], I was wondered about the
unusually high
spi-max-frequency = <104000000>;

The author states it's running stable, the datasheet tells

Normal READ (Serial): 40-MHz clock rate
FAST_READ (Serial): 104-MHz clock rate (maximum)
DUAL I/O FAST_READ: 80-MHz clock rate or 20 MB/s effective data rate
QUAD I/O FAST_READ: 80 MHz clock rate or 40 MB/s effective data rate

and according to the author, there are other boards with the same chip and this
frequency, e.g.
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/target/linux/ath79/dts/ar9331_tpl
ink_tl-mr3020-v1.dts#L123

So, can somebody lend me some expertise whether the value is okay?

Best

Adrian Schmutzler

[1] https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2752#discussion_r375829096