[OpenWrt-Devel] Random data on rootfs_data for tp-wr2543nd-v1 only with ath79

Chuanhong Guo gch981213 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 05:32:01 EST 2020

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 3:53 AM Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
<luizluca at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Chuanhong,
>
> That is exactly what introduced the issue. I double check with and without the patch and without it I got the random data from mtd

That might be a hardware bug then :(

I can't reproduce it on ar7240 and I don't have ar7242 routers.
You could try adding some delays in ath79-spi driver around those
bit-bang operations or reducing spi clock.

If none of these works we may have to use gpio bit-bang driver for ar7242
instead, which will make performance worse.
Or we could implement old flash read using spimem api as a workaround.

> I tried some random changes (without knowing what I'm really doing) like:
>
> compatible = "spansion,spi-nor";
> compatible = "spansion,s25sl064p", "spansion,m25p80", "jedec,spi-nor"
> m25p,fast-read;
>
> But I guess all those name variations will, in the end, mean just the same.
> "m25p,fast-read" does not fix the issue as well.

Correct. You could take a look at spi-nor driver and you'll find that these
compatible strings aren't really used.

Regards,
Chuanhong Guo