[OpenWrt-Devel] Protecting a vulnerable host behind an OpenWRt device

Enrico Mioso mrkiko.rs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 23:35:42 EST 2020

Hello guys!

I am happily using an TP-LINK MR6400 to browse the Internet. It uses a "self-managed" LTE modem to connect, so there is a double nat:
- the one done by the OpenWRt device
- the other done by LTE module

the LTE module runs old software and probably won't get updated as frequently. I would need a way to let the OpenWRt device continue to talk to it, but stop anything from the outside doing so.
I did my attempt with the firewall and they seemed to work right. But wanted an opinion from you guys!

thank you very very much!

Enrico