Announcement: Removal of 4.14 kernel from master

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Thu Aug 20 09:32:53 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I've sent a few reminders about this topic already, and in yesterday's virtual meeting we decided to finally remove the 4.14 kernel support in master _before_ branching a 20.xx branch.

Therefore, I announce that the support for 4.14 as well as the following targets not updated beyond this version will be removed from master in _two weeks_:

ar71xx
at91
ath25
rb532
samsung
uml

The corresponding patchset is already available for illustration here (same patches, just two different platforms):
https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt/staging/adrian.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/remove414
https://github.com/adschm/openwrt/commits/remove414

If somebody wants to upgrade one of the named targets to 5.4 to prevent it from being removed, now is your last chance!

("Recent" committers to the targets in Cc.)

Best

Adrian