Licensing an OpenWrt router - No response to Trademark use

Heppler, J. Scott shep971 at centurylink.net
Wed Aug 19 13:36:23 EDT 2020

The approach I was taking was based on choosing the actual chips based
on developer input and then find a HW who can provide based on those
recommendations.

I also lean toward a lower price point for an initial production run -
this is new ground and it lowers financial risk.  The initial run, if
successful, can serve as a template for higher end devices.

I believe the developers would have opinions based on open source
support and HW design.  I've seen OpenWrt wiki's discussing things like
Flash/Ram size that are HW specific; eg Qualcomm Dual 5G ram.

So, the initial question stands, is there interest from the project
putting its name on a device and are developers willing to input?

Thanks

--
J. Scott Heppler

Penguin Innovations

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may
contain legally privileged and confidential information intended
solely for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this message in error and any review, dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other unauthorized use of this email
and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the message and any attachments from your system.