Changing Inittab

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 08:38:56 EDT 2020

On 14/08/20 05:54, Shalla Thakur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to change inittab to launch a different binary than
> /usr/libexec/login.sh. I changed package/base-files/files/etc/inittab
> for that. But it seems during build these changes get overridden. What
> is the correct way to achieve this?
>
> Thanks

You can override that by creating a "files" folder in the main build
folder, all files in that will overwrite files in the rootfs.
If you want to overwrite the inittab you can create your own inittab file in
<buildroot dir>/files/etc/inittab

see here on the wiki documentation about this:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/build-system/use-buildsystem#custom_files

-Alberto