buildbots/config.guess: error message written into command

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Wed Aug 12 07:28:21 EDT 2020

Hi,

just looked at this occasional buildbot error again:

http://buildbot.openwrt.org/master/images/builders/kirkwood%2Fgeneric/builds/495/steps/kmodconfig/logs/stdio

Obviously, the error message about the missing /tmp directory is not just printed, but added as arguments to the sed command instead (as evidenced by the sed error at the bottom).
Funnily, this also adds /tmp again and therefore defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

The code creating this appears to be located here:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/blob/master/scripts/config.guess#L108

However, I don't see what's the problem with it, it should put the error message into stderr ...

If somebody has a clue, I'd be happy if this could be fixed, as sed-ing on some "random" paths is not really desirable ...

Best

Adrian