Restoring (old) config backups and

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 15:51:57 EDT 2020

>> On Aug 1, 2020, at 10:05 AM, Paul Oranje <por at oranjevos.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, my solution implements the config "on device" as a uci parameter, so the "on device" version is actually not the version of the firmware installed, but of the config installed. Therefore, one may indeed go that road to prevent flashing an incompatible backup. However, I don't think you can use it for much else.
>>>
>>> Despite, I still have received no positive feedback about that change at all, so I'm not sure whether it will go in at all.
>> Good reason to chime in. That proposal for compatibility checks seemed very well thought over and as such I would welcome its implementation.
>> Bye,
>> Paul

I seem to have lost the thread on this. Is there documentation on this proposal? (I will note that I, too am in favor of restoring prior configs.)

Extra credit if there were a way to restore the previous set of installed packages. (Or should we change our way of thinking, and simply recommend Moritz Warning's Firmware Selector from now on?)

Many thanks!

Rich