Notes on ath79 RouterBoard 493G image

mail at adrianschmutzler.de mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Sat Aug 1 05:51:59 EDT 2020

Hi,

This has been "fixed" for ar71xx @19.07 here:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/6ffd4d8a4de2a7c35a841a21c4b4116dfe54b754

This is in 19.07.3, but not in 19.07.2. So, if you had updated to 19.07.3 before going for master, it would have worked.
The problem is that ar71xx hardcoded a certain name here, and that code is taken from the "old" device.

I cannot comment on your second issue.

Best

Adrian