[OpenWrt-Devel] After upgrading to 19.07 WLAN does not work anymore...

Aaron Z aczlan+ledev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:35:28 EDT 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020, 2:36 AM Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I upgraded my WLAN Switch to 19.07.
> OpenWRT works, but WLAN is off...
>
> In the "Wireless Overview" page I see:
>
> radio0 Generic 802.11bg
>        Device is not active
>
> and all WLAN i configured are "disabled"...
> Could someone help me? I really don't understand why radio0 is not active...

What version did you upgrade from?
What hardware are you running?
Did you do a clean install, or a "upgrade" install keeping your settings?
There are issues with upgrading (telling OpenWRT to keep your settings
when it upgrades) on platforms that were switched from ar71xx to ath79
with 19.07 and the settings not transferring or causing problems (see:
https://openwrt.org/releases/19.07/notes-19.07.0 ),.
If you haven't yet done this, I would start with restoring to factory
defaults and see if that fixes it.

Aaron Z