[OpenWrt-Devel] sysupgrade: extending firmware validation

Vincent Wiemann vincent.wiemann at ironai.com
Wed Sep 11 08:45:23 EDT 2019

On 11.09.19 13:00, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 12:19, Vincent Wiemann
> <vincent.wiemann at ironai.com> wrote:
>> Hi Rafal,
>>
>> better error messages for sysupgrade is a good idea.
>
> Hi & let me ask shortly. Did you follow the recent development? Saw my
> improvements & pending patches?

Sorry, I see... Your changes look good.
Why did you reply to your own "outdated" email?
Please post an update for knowing the current state next time when
you break the thread chain. It was not clear that you've already
implemented most of it.

>>> What I still want to implement:
>>> 1) Usable "ubus call system sysupgrade" without /sbin/sysupgrade

Isn't this covered by your patches already?

>>> 2) LuCI using new validation info

Please keep https://github.com/openwrt/luci/pull/3009
in mind when doing that.

Best,