[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 release schedule ?

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at welho.com
Sun Sep 1 04:59:49 EDT 2019

It is now been over two and half months since the 19.07 branching in early
June. So far there has neither been any official -rc builds nor an initial .0
release.

Buildbot is already crunching the images and packages, and pretty much all
targets are green. So there are no obvious build related issues preventing
the release. I have also not noticed any franctic discussion about specific
major bugs blocking the release, so it looks pretty good at the moment.

Has the actual release timetable been discussed? When could we expect first
official release builds?

I think that it would be good to get the initial .0 done, so that the wider
user base could sysupgrade from 18.06 to 19.07 and the testing by the larger
user base could start.

As long as the 19.07 just sleeps there while master goes forward, the 19.07
is gradually getting stale already before the release.