[OpenWrt-Devel] Merge Pull Request in GitHub

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Thu Oct 31 08:54:26 EDT 2019

Hi,

GitHub features the "Merge Pull Request" button, which will add a Pull Request to master with Merge commit.
OpenWrt master does not seem to use Merge commits (which I'm glad about).

I'd like to disable this option in the projects GitHub options, so if someone clicks on that button (by accident), he will do a Rebase commit that does not spoil previous common use (even if reverted).

In case that a merge via GitHub won't be accepted at all (as it's just a mirror), I'd like to disable the merge button at all by the same set of options.

Opinions?

Best

Adrian