[OpenWrt-Devel] v5.4 as next kernel

Stefan Lippers-Hollmann s.l-h at gmx.de
Wed Oct 30 17:16:11 EDT 2019

Hi

On 2019-10-30, Adrian Schmutzler wrote:
> 1. We currently have work-in-progress 4.19 support PRs for ramips,
> ipq806x and bcm63xx, still with considerable work to do at least for
> the first two (IIRC).

Kernel 4.19 has been working fine on ipq806x (nbg6817) for me so far,
I've been using it a for couple of months now and the pending pull
request[0] is functional. Yes, there might be further optimization steps
possible, but none of that is necessary to switch ipq806x from v4.14 to
v4.19 now'ish (routing throughput is already significantly better in
v4.19, jumbo frames no longer crash stmmac, so I do consider the current
state of the v4.19 patches for ipq806x to be an improvement over v4.14).

Regards
	Stefan Lippers-Hollmann

[0]	https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/2472