[OpenWrt-Devel] OpenWrt 19.07 release schedule ?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Oct 11 15:07:08 EDT 2019

Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> writes:

> 1) Blocker: LuCI master needs to be backported to 19.07
>    Time estimate: 2-3 weeks
>
> 2) Blocker: All relevant sub-components for WPA-3 + GUI support, such as
>    hostapd, iwinfo etc. need to be backported to 19.07
>    Time estimate: 2 weeks
>
> 3) Blocker: Some weaknesses in libustream-ssl client certificate
>    handling need to  be addressed, which can only be solved by an API
>    redesign. Band-aid fixes available but not merged, nobody worked
>    on API redesign yet
>    Time estimate: 1 week
>
> 4) Blocker: Need to assert the state of the Dragonblood WPA3
>    vulnerabilities in 19.07's hostapd
>    Time estimate: a few days I guess

Thanks!

This helps my understanding a lot.  I believe it's a mistake to backport
features after creating the release branch, but if that's what you do
then I understand why it's so hard to make a release.

I'll definitely take a look at those topics to see if there's something
easy enough for me to help out with.

Bjørn