[OpenWrt-Devel] wlan factory defaults

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Mon Nov 11 14:57:46 EST 2019

Hi,

On 11-11-19, Piotr Dymacz wrote:
> On 11.11.2019 20:33, Ivan Baktsheev wrote:
> > How to put this configuration into device? This is not a question for OpenWrt developers, but for people, who build customized OpenWrt firmware. It’s definitely better to customise build using scripts/configurations in /etc, than changing /lib/wifi/mac80211.sh, as I saw in some builds.
>
> A custom 'uci-defaults' script included in image, using './files' approach
> should do the job, see the Wiki for more information:
>
> https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/build-system/use-buildsystem#custom_files
>
> https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/uci-defaults

+1, I was also messing with /lib/wifi/mac80211.sh until recently, but
using a uci-defaults script is much easier and works the same with all
versions of OpenWrt.

Here is the script I am using: https://gist.github.com/zorun/86c825c80599af244bcfce742b6b3ba2

I am writing the Wi-Fi password into the image with the imagebuilder, but
you could obtain your configuration parameters any way you want.

Baptiste